Finance and Administrative Coordinator
Lugar: Palestina, Jerusalem
Puesto: Finance and Administrative Coordinator
Convoca: Acción contra el Hambre
Método de contacto:
Duration : 12 months with possibility of extension
Start date : ASAP
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Jerusalem office a
Finance and Administrative Coordinator
The Finance and Administrative Coordinator is the Head of the financial and administrative management of the mission, coordinating and leading the mission Administrative team in the capital and the bases. The Finance and Administrative Coordinator is in charge of assuring the administrative and financial procedures of the mission according to Action Against Hunger rules and the local law.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Mission Financial Management
- Assure the financial balance of the mission according to its yearly financial objectives.
- follow the financial planning of the mission through the financial management tool (eFMT), ensure timely and accurate update of the tool by the bases.
- carry an exhaustive control of the coverage plan (CCP: Cost Coverage Plan) and monitor the cost structure of the mission.
- Assure the monthly delivery of updates of monthly budget follow ups (BFU) to the coordination team, Heads of Base and administrative teams. Ensure the full involvement of all departments
- Elaborate and validate financial reports within contractual deadlines.
- Follow up and analysis of the entire mission’s financial risks.
- Supervise controls by the bases on local partners’ expenditure.
Objective 2: Mission Treasury and Accountancy Supervision
- Assure the monthly closing of the accountancy, following the controls defined and according to the established deadlines.
- Assure the respect of the administrative and financial procedures established by Action Against Hunger and the donors.
- Define the treasury flows in the mission Cash Management Policy and supervise its correct implementation.
- Control the treasury level to the minimum operational.
- Assure the correct and timely delivery of the monthly treasury forecast.
- Follow up of all payments received at mission level.
- Manage relationship with banks.
Objective 3: Administrative management of the mission
- Verify and control the respect of the expenditure authorization procedure.
- Control and supervision of the respect of any rule regarding the quality and archiving of all administrative and financial documentation according to Action Against Hunger and donor guidelines.
- Represent the mission in front of the administrative representatives of other international and national organizations in-country.
- Assure the respect of local law and any tax obligation by the mission. Follow up of Action Against Hunger national framework agreement in-country.
- Initiate and/or develop relationships with local authorities for any financial related matter.
- Plan and follow-up of internal and external audits in coordination with headquarters; prepare yearly financial statements for the whole mission and for Gaza base, before certification by external auditors.
Objective 4: Relationship with counterparts
- Train partners on Action Against Hunger accounting and financial procedures.
- Coordinate the supervision and integration of partners’ invoices and transactions.
- Consolidate financial reports sent by partners.
- Follow-up partners’ treasury requests.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Higher education in Finance, Accounting, Audit, or related field.
- Good knowledge of donor guidelines, specifically European/Spanish ones.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial management and minimum 3 years in the humanitarian sector.
- Experience in the preparation of budgets, projects’ financial follow-up and financial reports.
- Experience in accounting and preparation of financial statements.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the humanitarian sector.
- English mandatory, Arabic is an asset.
- Strong command of MS Office. Advanced level of Excel. Experience with accounting programs like Agresso or others.
- International experience. Demonstrated capacity to work in multicultural environments.
- Good communication skills.
- Track record of teamwork experience and coordination of staff under their supervision.
- Mobility: The position is based in Jerusalem with frequent visits to the Bases (Gaza and Hebron) to follow up with Base Management and Administrative teams. The Administrative Coordinator will also travel to project sites if and when needed.
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 12 months with possibility of renewal.
- Base: Jerusalem with regular trips to Hebron and Gaza bases.
- Compensation package: from 22.200€ to 28.800€ gross/year divided in 12 payments and based on experience.
- In addition, there will be living expenses and per diem paid in local currency, corresponding to approx. 750 Euros per month at today’s exchange rate, for a fully worked month (*).
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger-Spain).
- Break: 5 working days every 4 months, break per diem: 215 EUR, break travel allowance: up to 400 EUR.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Accommodation in guest house or payment of an allowance covering partially an individual rent (800 USD).
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expatriate health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
(*) in local currency subject to unexpected changes in currency exchange
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PACKAGE IS APPLICABLE FOR FOREIGN APPLICATIONS ONLY. NATIONAL APPLICATIONS WILL FOLLOW DIFFERENT CONDITIONS ACCORDING TO ACTION AGAINST HUNGER POLICIES.
Only applications received through our online service will be considered.
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org. In case you do not find the job advertisement published here, it means that the selection process has been closed.