FLYING LOG COORDINATOR
Puesto: FLYING LOG COORDINATOR
Convoca: Acción contra el Hambre
Método de contacto:
Duration : 6 Months
Start date : ASAP
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organization that fights against the causes and effects of hunger. Our mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through prevention, detection and treatment of malnutrition. From crises to sustainability, we confront the different causes of malnutrition and their effects using our knowledge and experience in nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and political influence. All our activities try to maintain and / or restore human dignity.
Our vision is simple: a world without hunger.
GENERAL DEPARTMENT OBJECTIVE
The Flying Logistics Coordinator will support, (based on the specific ToR), the logistics activities and provide full induction and training to the logistics teams, improving internal processes, systems and procedures. Will support with the set up of the minimum logistics standards in and ensure the implementation and monitoring of all the logistics activities and provide a full training and induction of the new logistics staff on internal processes, procedures, systems.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Mission Support
- Participates in the identification of logistics needs and requirements to support the projects.
- Ensure that the needs and requirements are cover in line with projects and donor contracts and ensuring that the Logistics team works in coordination with other departments.
- Ensures ACF kit log procedures and donor’s procurement rules and guidelines are followed and documents are archived.
- Supports the Logistics team in preparing documents for HQ approval and validation.
- Supports the Logistics team in the revision of project proposals, the Project Procurement Plan, Supply Plan and its updates in coordination with other departments.
- Ensure the implementation of safety and security management procedure in line with the security plan
Objective 2 : Monitors the application of the regular logistics procedures
- Provides the tools and know-how to ensure that the Mission Logistics team performs the minimum Logistics follow-up and reporting:
- Procurement and supply
- Equipment list
- Vehicle fleet follow-up
- Logistics reports
- IT standards
- Provides the tools and know-how to ensure that the Mission Logistics team performs budget follow up and treasury forecast for the logistics department at base level.
- Ensures that logistics teams in the mission follow the archiving procedures as per the Logistics Procedures at base level with special mention to: procurement dossiers, transportation and vehicles and equipment management.
- Ensures application of good practices and transparency in all aspects (procedures, approvals, practices).
Objective 3: Enhance the mission´s Logistics capacity and participate to the log base recruitment
- Review the mission´s logistics staff capacity and identify main areas of improvement and reinforcement.
- In coordination HQ Log Advisor prepares and conduct training (Supply chain, equipment, procurement, IT, Fleet management and security management) to the mission Log department with a special focus on the log base and log assistant
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Training: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Logistics, Business, Engineering or another related field. Master in Logistics, Humanitarian Studies or similar an asset.
- Technical specific knowledge: Practical experience in logistics management and coordination within the field of supply chain management, fleet/transport management and asset management.
- Experience in launching tenders an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of donor’s guidelines and procedures related to Logistics (ECHO, UNICEF,USAID, SIDA) is an asset.
- Proven ability in translating analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategic decision-making.
- Excellent team management skills, good listener, high communication skills
- Previous experience (years): Minimum 2-years’ experience in field logistics coordination and security management in a Humanitarian Aid organization
- Organization knowledge: Desirable previous working experience with Action Against Hunger
- Knowledge of Action against Hunger´s Kitlog V3.6 is an asset.
- Languages: Fluent in English, Spanish, French
- IT systems: Full literacy with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, etc), GIS (advantageous),
- Mobility (national/ internacional): International and national within the countries of assignment to follow-up ongoing projects and support project teams
- Commitment to Gender Equality: Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
Formal work contract: 6 months.
Salary: from 24.420 € to 31.020 € euro/gross /year (perdiems y living cost according the mission’s deployment standars)
In addition the packaged includes:
- Expatriate insurance (health, live, repatriation, travel, etc.)
- Break flights/trips to defined area: (break per diem: 215 EUR, break travel allowance: up to 400 EUR)
- Yearly holiday return flight ticket
- Accommodation and housing expenses (in guest house)
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger -Spain).
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.