Syria Network Grant Coordinator
Lugar: Istambul, Turkey
Puesto: Syria Network Grant Coordinator
Convoca: Médicos del Mundo
Método de contacto:
Descripción del puesto
Médicos del Mundo (MdM Spain) and Dünya Doktorları Derneği (MdM Turkey) are implementing a large ECHO-funded project “Provision of essential health care services and psychosocial support to conflict-affected population in North West and North East Syria”.
As Grant Holder, MdM Spain is looking for a Syria Network Grant Coordinator to ensure grant coordination, donor compliance, financial and activity follow-up, reporting and communication with ECHO, at both field and HQ levels. He/she will be based in Turkey, with MdM Turkey management team, but will be under the direct line management of MdM Spain HQ.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
The successful candidate will be based in Istanbul, Turkey, with frequent travels to North-East and North-West Syria, as well as possible other locations in the country, region and/or Europe, depending on access conditions.
The candidate will report to the Complex Crisis Unit Coordinator based in MdM Spain headquarters.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
– Be the focal point for the grant “Provision of essential health care services and psychosocial support to conflict-affected population in North West and North East Syria” funded by ECHO.
– Work closely with MdM Spain and MdM Turkey teams, particularly grant and MEAL departments, to ensure a harmonized, coherent and high quality grant management across both areas of intervention. Ensure donor compliance through dissemination, guidance and monitoring of donor requirements.
– Ensure proper follow-up of the grant and achievement of objectives, results and indicator in a qualitative and timely manner, in line with the proposal.
– Coordinate closely with the financial controller to ensure a proper financial follow-up of the grant, in line with donor requirements.
– Ensure that the intervention is always in line with MdM mandate, values, standards and internal rules and regulations, and coherent across different areas of intervention.
– Design or adapt harmonized monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) tools and approaches for different areas of intervention under the same grant.
– Ensure integration of cross-cutting approaches in the intervention.
– Alert in a timely manner in case of project deviation, delay and/or associated risks, propose corrective measures and support needed to keep the project on track.
– Coordinate grant related support provided by MdM Spain to MdM Turkey, as required.
– Coordinate,compile and revise the production and submission of high quality proposals, amendments, contracts, reports and audits, related to the grant, in a timely manner and through appropriate channels.
– Coordinate the production of financial reports with the financial controller.
– Provide training on ECHO regulations and compliance, MEAL, project cycle management, reporting, etc., as needed.
– Organize and coordinate kick-off and follow-up meetings as well as lessons learnt workshops during the project implementation.
– Organize meetings when required by the donor, HQ or hubs, and follow-up actions and action points agreed.
Network coordination, communication and representation
– Ensure regular communication with the implementation and support teams relevant to this grant in different MdM chapters/sections.
– Organize and facilitate joint review and lessons learnt meetings with MdM Spain, MdM Turkey and ECHO representatives to share updates, discuss potential challenges and achievements of the grant
– Organize and facilitate meetings related to the management of the grant with the relevant MdM chapters when necessary.
– Ensure a good communication and information sharing between the different Syria teams in the network, MdM chapters involved, and the donor.
– Ensure network relations through the whole Syria mission are in line with global MdM framework.
– Coordinate, draft, update and follow-up on the validation of all MoUs and agreements between MdM Spain and MdM Turkey relevant for this grant. Ensure all other MoUs related the grant are in line with MdM and donor requirements and regulations.
– Contribute to communication and advocacy initiatives related to the grant, when relevant.
– Ensure regular and smooth communication with the donor, both at field and HQ levels.
– Participate in the organization and join donor meetings and field visits.
– Contribute to constant learning and improvement of MdM intervention in Syria.
– Contribute to the overall MdM Network strategy in Syria, when relevant
– Participate and be part of the International Network
– Participate in the Steering Group of the International Network when required
This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation. The grant portfolio may change depending on the workload and situation.
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
Academic background: Master degree in International Development, Humanitarian Aid and/or Project Management, or equivalent.
Language requirements: High level of spoken and written English (C1). Valuable: Spanish, Turkish, Arabic and/or Kurdish.
Computer requirements: Office pack user level.
• At least 5 years working in project management, including budget follow-up.
• Previous experience in humanitarian and conflict contexts, preferable in the Middle-East and the Syrian crisis, ideally in top management roles.
• Previous experience with ECHO, preferably at both field and HQ levels, including representation roles.
• Previous experience in consortium coordination would be a strong asset.
• Previous experience with MdM network and MdM Spain would be a strong asset.
• Previous experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) would be a strong asset.
• Experience with different working modalities, including remote management preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of donor’s requirement and regulations, particularly ECHO
• Excellent planning and coordination skill
• Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience working with diverse and large teams.
• Cultural awareness and adaptability.
• Good teamwork and networking skills.
• Excellent negotiation skills and diplomacy.
• Strict compliance with the safety protocols.
• Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo.
From June 2021
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts.
One year contract renewable.
Titulaciones para esta oferta
- Dirección y Gestión De Proyectos – Project Management, Maestría / Máster
Tipo de contrato
Contrato por obra y servicio